bugs eating vegetables - Knowledgebase Question

Gilbert, Ar
Question by julielynndre
I have a garden and there are small black bugs that are eating holes in the leaves of my plants. How do I get rid of them?

Since it's a vegetable garden, you'll want to use an organic product so your veggies will be safe to eat. Permethrin is the oldest, and most common, of the pyrethroid insecticides. It is widely available and is sold under a large number of different brand names (Martin?s Vegetables Plus, Bonide Eight Vegetable, Fruit & Flower, Bonide?s Total Pest Control and Hi-Yield Garden, Pet & Livestock Insect Control are some examples). Permethrin is labeled for use on many different vegetable crops and is effective against many beetle, bug, and caterpillar pests. Because it controls so many different insect pests and is labeled for use on most vegetables, this is probably one of the most useful insecticides for home vegetable gardeners to keep on hand. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"