Patio tips for low maintenance shrubs or flowers - Knowledgebase Question

Stuart, Fl
Question by dwrig56
We just bought a townhouse to rent out. It has a small patio with a wooden fence around it. I need to put shrubs or flowers around the inside of the fence. I definately need low maintenance because I won't be living there. Also there are sprinker system. What can I put there? It is 2 feet wide by like 15 or 20 feet.

0

In such a narrow space I think upright perennials will do nicely. African Iris (Dietes species) is drought tolerant and low maintenance; Blackberry Lily (Belamcanda chinensis); Daylily (Hemerocallis), Mexican Heather (Cuphea hyssopifolia), Pinks (Dianthus species), and Salvias will work in the space. They are are drought tolerant and should bring some color and soften the look of the fence. Best wishes with your new townhouse.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Autumn Colour"