Replacing my Laceleaf Maple - Knowledgebase Question

Lake Stevens, Wa
Question by badcdy
I recently purchased a Laceleaf Japanese Maple and planted it on the western side of my home. The tag on the maple said

0

Varieties with wider leaf-types would be more apt to be tolerant of full sun, though young Japanese maples are in essence semi-shade trees, so it's probably best that you move yours. Chaste Tree (Vitex agnus-castus) is a small landscape tree growing to about 15'. It has deeply cut, maple-like leaves with long spikes of deep purple blooms appear throughout the summer. Liquidambar or Sweet Gum is another three with maple like leaves. This one is large and develops beautiful fall color. Best wishes with your new tree.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"