arborvitae trees - Knowledgebase Question

platte City, Mi
Question by angeladmos
I have a hard time keeping arborvitae's alive. What am i doing wrong? I planted them per instruction and even added Holly tone, potting soil and water them alot??

0

How disappointing! Arborvitaes are usually easy to grow. It's important that they are planted in well draining soils and that you allow the top inch of soil to dry out between waterings. Soil that retains too much water will actually suffocate plant roots. I'd water the plants well then wait 3-4 days and stick a probe (or your finger) down into the soil. If it is still moist an inch beneath the surface, you won't need to water for a few more days. If the soil is dry, it's time to water. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"