clay soil - Knowledgebase Question

stroudsburg, Pe
Question by wayne521
have clay soil in my front lawn have grass but there are spots where it will not grow help

0

Clay soils can become compacted which makes it hard for roots to penetrate deeply. I'd aerate the lawn. A core aerator will remove one inch by three inch plugs from the lawn. Leave the plugs on the lawn and they will dissolve in rain or water from the sprinklers. After aerating spread a thin layer of sand or compost over the area and water it in well. The sand or compost plus the soil from the plugs will work their way down into the holes left by the plugs. The soil will be loose and will hold moisture right where the grass roots grow. After aerating you can then overseed your entire lawn.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"