Cement or Concrete? - Knowledgebase Question

Amherst, Ma
Question by Tccoleman
Hello, I purchased a very nice casting mold of a large foot at a tag sale. I'm going to use it to make stepping stones for my garden! Should I use cement mix or a concrete mix? What is the difference? Are they easy to use? I want the casting to be smooth and not rocky if possible. As always, thanks for your help!!! Tom :o)

Quik-crete is a pre-package concrete that's perfect for casting stepping stones. It has concrete, sand and gravel already mixed in. Just add water and mix. When you pour it into your mold the gravel settles to the bottom, the sand fills in the gaps between the gravel and the concrete works it's way throughout the mixture. The result is a smooth finish on the top and sturdiness throughout. The molds are easy to use. I've even made stepping stones in plastic trays, decorating them with smooth and colorful rocks (press them onto the top before the concrete dries). Or, press some interesting looking leaves on the top of the wet concrete and allow the concrete to cure. Then peel off the leaves and you'll have a really nice impression on the top of your stepping stone. Enjoy your project!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"