Fruit Trees - Knowledgebase Question

Victorville, Ca
Question by godaddict1
Dear Experts,My question is do peach trees need to be polinated every year?I have a tree about 5 years old & it produced every year except this year. A friend said peach trees need to be polinated every year.Is this true?
Thanks for your time,
Sincerely , MARK...

Most peach trees are self-fertile so you don't need a second tree for cross pollination. Some fruit trees go through an alternate bearing cycle where they will produce a nice crop one year and then very few fruits the next year. Or, sometimes the flowers are damaged by the weather and the tree won't set fruit. A cold snap can kill the flowers outright but if the weather is cold or rainy when the flowers are open, there will be no insect activity and no fruit that year. As long as your peach tree looks otherwise healthy, I'd chalk it up to weather or lack of insect activity. Hope this answers your question.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"