Weeds - Knowledgebase Question

Stoughton, Ma
Question by mychalx
I noticed that my grass in the front of the house has somthing that looks like leaves attached. Never seen or had them before. What are they and how do I get them out and not coming back?

There are so many different kinds of weeds that can invade a lawn. If it has leaves it's a broadleaf weed and most broadleaf weeds can be controlled with a broadleaf weed killer - either with a spot treatment or with a whole lawn treatment of weed and feed. Why not dig up a sample of the weed and take it to your local garden center or Master Gardener clinic for identification? Then you can check the weed killer packages to find the one that will target that particular weed. Be sure to apply according to label directions. Good luck with your grass.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"