Creeping phlox turned yellow - Knowledgebase Question

Hubert, No
Question by lemartin777
I just purchased 6 creeping phlox about a month ago to put under my cherry blossom tree. it was growing nicely until one day it turned yellow and they are all dying and wiltered. i water it once a week, could that be the reason? did i plant it deep enough? am i watering the plant with too strong of a pressure? please help! I'm new at gardening.

0

If the leaves are yellowing, you are watering too often or the phlox isn't getting enough sunshine. Phlox can tolerate soils on the dry side. If there's lots of rain or if you water too often, the leaves will turn yellow. Try watering less frequently and cutting off the dead and yellowing stems and leaves. If the root systems are healthy, your phlox should develop healthy new stems and leaves. Hope it's soon!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"