japanese beetles - Knowledgebase Question

Statesville, No
Question by krf28677
Is there a solution that I can make to spray on my plants so the japanese beetles will stop eating the life out of all my beauty?

Japanese beetles are really difficult to control! Milky spore (Bacillus popilliae), is a disease-causing bacterium that is effective against grubs of Japanese beetles but not the adults. You can apply it to your lawn to kill the grubs. As for controlling the adults, neem oil (Bonide Bon-Neem or Green Light Neem Concentrate) or cyfluthrin (Bayer Advanced Garden Power Force Multi-Insect Killer Concentrate) or permethrin (Spectracide Bug Stop Multi-Purpose Insect Control Concentrate) are labeled for use against the adult beetles on ornamental plants. As with all pesticides, read and follow all label instructions and precautions. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"