Starting a garden - Knowledgebase Question

Fort lauderdale, Fl
Question by monique0876
I've just moved into my new home. The previous owner wasnt doing a lawn upkeep. How can I get the lawn back to a green healthy lawn? Also what are the best plants I can get that would look nice all year round.

0

Regular watering, feeding and mowing should rejuvenate your neglected lawn. Start this spring by feeding with a Turf Builder and plan on watering twice a week. You'll be surprised how quickly your lawn will green up!

There are tons of perennials you can plant. The University of Florida has a publication describing the best perennials for your gardening region, along with their cultural requirements (sun/shade, etc.) Here's the website:
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/mg035

Hope you find it helpful. Best wishes with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"