HOW MANY BAGS OF STONES?? - Knowledgebase Question

Brooklyn, Ne
Question by tigerlilymia
i ASKED THIS QUESTION ALREADY BUT I THINK I MIGHT HAVE READ THE WEIGHT WRONG. THE BAG SAYS 0.05 CU FOR WEIGHT AND WHEN I WROTE YOU I WROTE 5 CU FOR WEIGHT. SO THE QUESTION NOW READS HOW MANY BAGS OF THE VIGORO CALICO STONE WEIGHING 0.05 STONES DO I NEED TO COVER 120 SQUARE FEET OF THESE CALICO VIRORO STONES TO MAKE IT BETWEEN 3 AND 4 INCHES THICK. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PATIENCE

0

No problem - the calculations can be confusing. Think of it this way. One cubic foot of material will fit into a box 12 inches high, 12 inches wide, and 12 inches deep. If the bag of material was one cubic foot and you wanted the material to be 4 inches deep, you'd divide the depth of the cubic foot by four (4 into 12 equals 3, giving you three sections of four inches. One cubic foot would give you three feet of surface, four inches thick. Since the bags in question contain only a half a cubic foot (or a box 6 inches high 6 inches wide, and 6 inches deep), and you wanted to spread the material 4 inches thick, you'd get only about one and a half feet of surface area covered. Since you have 120 square feet to cover, you'll need about 80 bags of the product. If you want to make the product 3 inches deep, you'll need 30 cubic feet or 60 bags of product. If you want to play around with the depth of the product, here's a handy calculator for you to use. Just fill in the depth and the square feet and click calculate. The answer comes up in cubic feet so you'll have to multiply by two because the bags you are considering are only a half a cubic foot. Here's the calculator: http://www.gardenplace.com/con...

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "