curley plants - Knowledgebase Question

Moore, Ok
Question by waynelladen
the tops of my tomatoe & potatoe plants are curling up. what do I need to do or is there anything I can do?

Curling leaves can simply be the effects of weather or cultural care, or can be the start of several different tomato diseases: Curly Top, Mosaic, and Fusarium all start this way. However, if no additional symptoms appear, you simply have a case of Tomato Leaf Roll. This occurs more characteristically with certain varieties (Big Boy, for example) and although it is somewhat a mystery, it usually shows up after excessive rainfall or over watering. It's also thought that this condition can be caused by intense sunlight, which causes the accumulation of carbohydrates in the plant. It doesn't seem to have an adverse affect on yields, so unless other symptoms follow, it's nothing to worry about.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"