large yellow spots - Knowledgebase Question

Clermont, Fl
Question by mkmalys
Approx. 3 weeks ago large yellow spots began appearing in our front St. Aug.lawn. On Feb. 25 Weed n' Feed and insect control was applied, I thought that it was too early for cinch bugs. Last week my husband applied a granular cinch bug product. What can we expect if it was cinch bugs? Also I threw out some Epsom salts when I was putting some out around the shrubs , etc. Is epsom salts harmful

0

Yellowing of St. Augustine can indicate insect feeding but might also be caused by a fungal disease such as Take-All Patch. I can't really diagnose the problem without seeing it so you might want to dig out some of the turf and take it to your local cooperative extension office for diagnosis. (Orange County Extension Service, 6021 S Conway Rd, Orlando - (407) 254-9200). The epsom salts are a source of magnesium and won't hurt your lawn or your shrubs. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"