deer resistant plants, cold hardy, morning sun, deciduous, moderate water - Knowledgebase Question

Titusville, Fl
Question by carolynrhea
I lost all my plants to Central Florida's cold winter. I need plants that are deer resistant, cold hardy, get morning sun & afternoon shade, deciduous, low maintenance, and need moderate water (community sprinkler system). Thanks from Titusville FL

The University of Florida has compiled a list of deer resistant plants that you might find helpful:

As for drought tolerant and adaptable to winter cold, your best bets are Florida native plants. These plants have survived all the weather Florida has to offer and they still thrive, usually on just natural rainfall. For recommendations, here's another publication from the University of Florida:

Between these two publications I think you'll find a whole landscape's worth of plants. Enjoy your new garden!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"