My revenea rivularis is browning on the end of each(frond?) - Knowledgebase Question

Baltimore, Ma
Question by eileenmbarre
My palm is about 10 ft. from a patio sliding door,(not a lot of light.)I water it thoroughly twice a week and spray it with water at those times. What am I doing wrong? Thank you

When leaf tips brown it usually indicates dry indoor air. Misting it is a good idea but daily misting will be much more beneficial to your plant. A build up of salt (from fertilizer) can also cause browning leaf tips. We usually suggest you place the container into a larger container of water to flood the soil and leach out excess salts but with a 10 foot palm, that might be quite a job! If you can take it outdoors when the weather warms and flood the soil 2-3 times to leach out excess salts, it will help your plant. Aside from misting and leaching, there's not much else you can do other than to trim off the brown leaf tips. Best wishes with your majesty palm.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"