lawn care - Knowledgebase Question

West Bend, Wi
Question by rschneider44
i'm having trouble controlling the creeping charlie in my lawn, its everywhere and starting to penetrate my shrub beds. i have put down creabgrass preventer and gypsum thus far,help!!!!!

Creeping Charlie (Glechoma hederacea) can be a real pest. Many gardeners have had good luck eradicating the plant by mixing 10 ounces 20-Mule Team Borax in 2-1/2 gallons of water and applying the mixture to the weeds. The boron doesn't affect turfgrass, but overwhelms the roots of creeping Charlie. Cool weather reduces its effectiveness so apply when the weather is warm. The University of Minnesota and Iowa State University have tested this recipe and report good results. Hope it works for you, too. If you'd rather use a herbicide, a broadleaf weed killer containing 2,4-D or Dicamba will be effective against Creeping Charlie. Ortho and Bayer are among the brands that contain Dicamba. Apply according to label directions.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"