zucchini - Knowledgebase Question

Delran, Ne
Question by mystic1812
The last 2 years my plants have died within about a month of planting. They wilted and died, what caused this?

0

I know it's disappointing to lose plants so losing your zucchini twice in the past two years is really sad. Zucchini is susceptible to fungal diseases so you'll want to start by finding a different place in your garden to grow your zucchini. Lots of sunshine is important, as is amending the soil with compost or other organic matter to help loosen it and help it hold just the right moisture for the roots of your plants. Plant your zucchini and then monitor its growth and inspect it daily for signs of insect or disease problems. If you find anything suspicious, cut off the affected leaf or handpick the insects. Try to keep water off the leaves and stems of the plants (flood the soil when you water, don't water from overhead). These simple steps should help your squash grow healthy and happy. Hope so!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"