Weeds in lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Taft, Ca
Question by rusty2276
I have a very large variety of weeds well established in an established bermuda 1 acre lawn. The weeds that I can identify are mallow,dandelions and I also have a grassy type weed that has white flower tops on it. What can I do to save this lawn without starting over. I also have clay soil.

There are many different type of weeds and, unfortunately, there is not one product that can control all type of weeds in a bermuda grass lawn. Usually you need a broadleaf herbicide and one for grassy weeds. Look for products with dicamba and 2,4-D. Many products are available in liquid and granular formulations. Included are Ortho Weed-B-Gon Weed Killer For Lawns, Southern Ag Lawn Weed Killer with Trimec, Ace Spot Weed Killer, Ortho Basic Solutions Lawn Weed Killer, and Bayer Advanced Southern Weed Killer for Lawns. Be sure that the label says the product is safe to use on bermuda lawns and always apply according to label directions.

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"