Rhododendron - Knowledgebase Question

Jeffersonville, In
Question by linmat630
I have a rhododendron that was flowering when I planted it. It has lost about half of its foliage and hasn't really started producing buds to flower. It is planted in a shady area and gets an average amount of water. What can I do to make it grow and flower?

Some rhodies require a little bit of sunshine so check to see which one you're growing. It could be that the shade is too deep for your plant. If you just recently planted it, transplant stress can cause leaves to drop and it's nothing to worry about. However, if it's been in the ground for a year or more, lack of adequate growth and lack of flowering indicates it's not happy in its current location. Feeding and watering won't make up for the lack of sufficient light. Wish I could offer more suggestions.

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"