Color - Knowledgebase Question

Newbury, Ne
Question by goldst477
I am planning a new garden as well. therefore I would like them to make a statement that states, 'hey, how come there are always flowers in bloom there'? I need the curb appeal. Can you suggest what to do with what plants?

Thank you

Bert

0

What a great idea! If you plant a variety of annuals and perennials you'll have a succession of blooms and your garden will always be interesting. Start by preparing the soil so your plants will be happy. Spread 3-4 inches of compost over the planting area and dig it in to a depth of 8-10 inches. Then level the bed and start planting. A garden should include your favorite flowers or colors. Here are some ideas to get you started: Annual: cosmos, ipomopsis, zinnias, red and blue salvias, sunflowers, asters, larkspur, statice, snapdragons Perennials: Shasta daisies, purple coneflowers, black-eyed susans, verbascum, yarrow, dianthus, scabiosa, gaillardia, coreopsis, liatris, hollyhocks, phlox, peonies Shrubs: roses, lilacs, and hydrangeas You might also include some ornamental grasses and ferns. Enjoy your new garden!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"