Orchid Flowers Wilting - Knowledgebase Question

delray beach, Fl
Question by kg3560
I purchased a Phalaenopsis Orchid last week. It was blooming beautiful flowers from 3 different stems. Now all the flowers and new buds are wilting. Is is not in hot sun and I am not watering it too much. What am I doing wrong?

0

It's normal for the old flowers to die off but if you cut off the old flowers, just above dormant buds that are located below the first flower, new flowers will develop. Sometimes, a small baby plant (called a keiki) will develop instead. If this happens, leave it until roots develop and then it can be removed and potted. Orchids need average room temperatures, hight humidity and regular watering. If yours is drying out, make sure it is not in a draft from air conditioners or fans. I'm sure it will adjust to its new home in time. I hope this info helps!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "