Fringe Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Miamisburg, Oh
Question by sandystemple
I planted a fringe tree in the front of our house, about two feet from the foundation. the house faces south, we have two large maple trees, so the area would be partly sunny. The tree has not grown any, it has bloomed once or twice. What should I do, move the tree, get rid of it? HELP!

Thanks,
Sandra Stemple

0

Your fringe tree (Chionanthus virginicus) is a slow growing tree and will grow in either full shade or part sun, in rich, moist soil. It reaches about 12-20 feet high and wide so if it is only two feet away from your house, I'd suggest moving it. Eventually it will be overcrowded in its growing spot and the roots could encroach on the foundation of your house. Move it out to a sunnier spot where it has room to reach its full potential. Best wishes with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"