Apple Trees Pest Control - Knowledgebase Question

Loganville, Ge
Question by gscottbell
I have 2 apple trees, 1 Red Delicious & 1 Fuji. They are 6 to 7 years old. What is the best pest control product and how often should I apply it? Also My Fuji Apple tree has not bloomed yet but my Red Delicious has; does it bloom later than the Red Delicious or is there a problem? Thank you...

0

As long as your trees are producing flowers and fruit, don't be concerned about whether they bloom early or late in the season. As long as they bloom, they're right on time for that particular variety of apples. Pest control really depends upon the insect in question. If you use a dormant oil in the late winter, you can control overwintering insects and their eggs. If you have pest problems during the growing season, have the pest identified and then use a pesticide registered for fruit trees that specifically targets that pest (sorry, there's no easy answer). Application rates will vary, depending upon product so be sure to read and follow label directions.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Alteri Lily"