Dandelions - Knowledgebase Question

Milan, Mi
Question by cherylmoore2
We moved into our new home in November so we really had no idea what the lawn would look like come spring. Well the whole back area is full of danelions how do I start getting rid of them? Should I til the area and plant grass or spray? There is no grass except for clovers and we believe there were moles in the area.
Help!!!! What can be done to have a beautiful lawn???

Sounds like your new yard is a candidate for renovation. I'd start by using a vegetation killer to take care of the weeds. (Round Up or Weed B Gon should take care of the weedy growth.) Once the weeds are dead you can rototil the area and rake out the debris. You can then spread compost over the area and rototil it in, then level and either install sod or seed your new lawn. Rototilling should drive the moles away but if you find piles of dirt in the lawn or tunnels you can trap the pesky critters. Spring is an excellent time to install a new lawn. Best wishes with your project!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"