Roses - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Karen Nunnelly
atlanta, Ge
Question by karennunnell
Ok, so I probably over watered and to much miracle grow. What do I do??
Also, our knockout roses have a white powdery film on them. Any suggestions?

0

If you've over watered and over fed your roses your only recourse is to adjust your watering schedule until the soil dries out a bit. Roses are usually adaptable and yours will probably recover. You can prune off any dead or dying stems and leaves. As soon as the plant recovers you should see healthy new growth. Powdery mildew leaves a white film on the leaves. Lack of sunshine and poor air circulation can make your plants more susuceptible to this disease. Make sure the rose bush gets plenty of sunshine and has enough space around it for good air circulation. You can prune off the affected plant parts to stop the spread of the disease. There are a few fungicides on the market that you can use to stop powdery mildew if it continues to be a problem. The safest is one called 'Rose Defense'. It's a neem oil based product. Be sure to apply according to label directions. Best wishes with your roses!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "