choosing flowers to compliment existing bush & tree - Knowledgebase Question

belleville, mi
Question by ntbone0511
Hi! The color theme in my garden is burgundy with pink and white. I am looking for flowers to plant in front of my annabelle hydrangea. Can you suggest some perennials and annuals? The area has full sun.

I am also looking for ideas for an empty space under a small crabapple tree.

I also am considering trying knockout bushes. Do you think they will work in either of these areas?

Thanks! I look forward to the reply.

0

Knock Out roses are nice shrubs but they grow quite large so I don't think they're a good choice for under a crabapple tree. Instead, I'd choose some low growing annuals and perennials. Since the areas are sunny, you have more choices (plants for shady areas aren't quite as colorful!) Some plants to consider growing include Wave Petunias (these have small flowers in great abundance), New England Asters, dahlias (lots of colors!), Astilbe, snapdragon, pink amaryllis, Dianthus, verbena, Cranesbill, Twinspur, garden phlox and columbine. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"