lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Warwick, Rh
Question by ariellizard
Hello. When should I treat my lawn with grub control and how often should I do it? I tilled my lawn last year and started from scratch but I can see barespots.;-( Any tips is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your guidance in the past.

0

You can rake out the bare spots and overseed now to get your lawn back on track. Grubs are deep in the soil during the cold winter and spring but begin to work their way up when the soil warms. They usually aren't near the surface until mid- to late-summer. Grub control applications at that time are most effective. However, there are some time release products on the market that can be applied in late spring or early summer. With these products, the control is there when the grubs appear. Grubex and Bayer Advanced Season Long Grub control are two such products. Only one application should be necessary - apply according to label directions. Best wishes with your lawn and thanks for the compliment!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"