Pathway/Walkway to home - Knowledgebase Question

Greenback, Te
Question by spiritualros
I created a mess actually, dug up a small path from drive to deck for walkway, put in stones, and small pellet like stuff around stones, not what thought, how do i fix to use better?

Hmmm.. I don't think there's any easy fix! You'll probably need to rake everything out and try again. Or, you might be able to incorporate some stepping stones, using the bed of small stones to anchor them. Here's the general way to go about making a small path. First, remove all the vegetation from the area and then smooth the soil. Laying weed barrier cloth on the ground is optional, but I always use it, just to make sure no weeds sprout in the area. If you use weed barrier, anchor it down with metal U shaped clips. The next step is to lay a couple of inches of sand over the top of the earth or weed barrier or soil, if you didn't use weed barrier. Tamp it down to compact it. If you're using stepping stones, place the stepping stones on the sand. Work them back and forth so they are level and the right distance from one another. The stepping stones should be buried about 1 1/2 to 2 inches into the sand to help anchor them. If you're not using stepping stones, simply place your rocks directly over the sand. The sand will help hold the rocks in place. Or, if you want to abandon the idea of using rocks, stepping stones and sand, simply place weed barrier over the pathway and cover the weed barrier with shredded bark. It will make an attractive path and one that's kind of cushiony and easy to walk on. Hope this gives you some ideas!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Lantana"