lavendar - Knowledgebase Question

carlsbad, Ca
Question by Nedra777
I have a hg pot of lavendar with three diffrent kinds they have grown alot but now the leaves on the underside are turning brown andseem dry I water it once or twice a week but I dont' know if I am over watering or underwatering. They are still growing so....

It's natural for the oldest, lowest leaves to wither and die. You can avoid this by consistently pruning the lavenders back by a few inches to encourage healthy new growth. Once the stems become woody, they won't develop any more leaves. But, pruning them back in the spring and after they have finished flowering will promote new growth and less of a chance for them to get leggy and woody. Try pruning them back a little now to see if you can prompt new growth on the lower parts of the plants.

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Irises 2017"