I don't want to overfeed!... - Knowledgebase Question

Knoxville, Te
Question by jason73
About 4 weeks ago I applied a 6 week 3-in-1 Bayer Solution to my (2nd year) roses and they seem to be doing well, most of them seem to be getting close to their first blooming cycle. Do you think it would hurt to give them a bloom booster feeding 2 weeks ahead of it's next scheduled 3-in-1? I want to get a boom of blooms in the next couple of weeks..

The time release 3 in 1 you used will continue to feed your roses for a full 6 weeks. You run the risk of overfeeding if you feed again now. Overfeeding will have just the opposite effect - it will retard flowering. I'd stick with the standard feeding schedule every six weeks. Healthy plants and lots of sunshine will encourage lots of flowers - regularly deadheading will encourage even more. Enjoy your roses!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Iris Dazzling"