sticker weeds - Knowledgebase Question

Irving, Te
Question by christopher_94
how do i get rid of sticker weeds without killing my grass. I have a big yard that i am trying to get in shape.

0

Stickerweeds will take several weed killer applications in order to control them. Here's the general advice: apply a pre-emergent herbicide such as Scott?s Halts before sandbur has a chance to germinate in the spring. Germination dates can vary, so applications in late February or early March would be safe. A second pre-emergent application 60 days after the first will help extend control into late summer. Spray sandburs not controlled by the pre-emergent herbicide with MSMA (such as Green Light crabgrass killer with MSMA). Used according to label directions, it is safe to use on your agrass. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"