Plum Tree Leaves dying - Knowledgebase Question

Wittmann, Ar
Question by agonzalez1
Hi, I bough an elephant heart plum tree from HD on Saturday. I planted it and by Monday I noticed all the leaves look as if they are drying up. I followed the planting instructions properly except

Sounds like your tree is just showing some signs of transplant stress. If you keep it watered well the roots will establish quickly and you'll see new growth. Just be patient with your tree. I agree with the HD staff - your tree won't need to be fed until next spring. You don't want your tree to put out top growth at this time, instead you want it to concentrate of developing a healthy root system. And to answer your last question, yes, you'll need a second plum variety for fruit set on your Elephant Heart plum tree. 'Laroda', 'Redheart', or 'Santa Rosa are all good pollinators for your tree.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"