bell peppers - Knowledgebase Question

Question by bowlady1939
i planted my vegetable garden on 4-3-10. every thing is doing very well except my bell peppers plants. they are growing but the leaves are a light yellow color.the rise bed is new one and all of thesoil is new.what do yoy think i,m doing wrong.

Yellowing leaves can indicate overwatering or a need for fertilizer. Try feeding with a liquid fertilizer or mulching over the top of the soil near your pepper plants with a few inches of compost. As the compost decomposes it will release nutrients into the soil. Before you water stick your finger down into the soil near the pepper plants. If it is still moist one inch below the soil surface you won't need to water for a few more days; if it feels dry, it's time to water. Hope your peppers perk up soon!

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"