My lawn is horrible - Knowledgebase Question

Long Lake, Mi
Question by garbskye
I was sick over the winter and I wasn't able to pick up all my leaves (in fact there are some piles still). Now I have no grass at all. Only creeping charlie and some sort of stinky white flower thing. What can I do?

0

There are two approaches you can take to rid your lawn of creeping charlie. Weed B Gon Max will take care of it plus your other weeds (applied according to label directions), or you can try using borax against the pesky weed. Many gardeners have had good luck eradicating creeping charlie by mixing 10 ounces 20-Mule Team Borax in 2-1/2 gallons of water and applying the mixture to the weeds. The boron doesn't affect turfgrass, but overwhelms the roots of creeping Charlie. Cool weather reduces its effectiveness so apply when the weather is warm. The University of Minnesota and Iowa State University have tested this recipe and report good results. Hope it works for you, too.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"