Cucumbers - Knowledgebase Question

st. louis, Mi
Question by tjhx9d
Last I grew cucumbers outside and they flourished. So far this year they seem to be struggling and one plant seems to have broken due to the storms over the weekend. Is the broken plant mendable and what are some tips to help them flourish. I put plant food spikes in the ground next to them already . . . tahnks for your time.

It's quite possible that the damaged plant will develop healthy new stems and leaves so I'd prune away the damaged plant parts and remove them from the garden. Cucumbers need lots of sunshine, plenty of water and occasional feeding. Whatever you did last year to have such a great crop is what you should do this year, too. Sunshine, water and fertilizer are about all your cucumbers need in order to thrive and produce a good crop. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "prickly pads"