moss - Knowledgebase Question

monroe, Ne
Question by richiecarol
I have a large piece of property which about 75% is lawn. When i started out approx. 30yrs. ago my lawn was fairly good, but thruout the years the expense and trying to find a competent and reasonable landscaper has become an impossible chore. We have started to convert our lawn into a Japanese type garden. How can i cultivate my existing moss to create more.

0

You can transplant patches of moss from your existing moss garden or you can make a slurry and pour it wherever you'd like moss to grow. Take a clump of healthy moss and crumble it into your blender. Add 2 cups of buttermilk and 2 cups of water
Blend at the lowest speed until it is completely mixed and the consistency of a thin milk shake. (add water if necessary) Paint the mixture onto rocks, pots or statuary, or simply pour it on the ground wherever you'd like your moss to grow!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"