Hanging Plants/Palm Tree - Knowledgebase Question

marshall, Wi
Question by donnyandange
I just bought 4 hanging plants and 2 plam trees, and we had frost a few nights in a row and my husband forgot to bring them in and they are dying. The palm trees are turning yellow and the hanging plants flowers are falling off.Is there a way I can bring them back to life?

0

A light frost will do a little damage, as you've discovered, but a heavy or long lasting frost can kill the roots of plants if they are exposed to the cold as they were in a container. There's not much you can do to remedy the situation. With any luck your new plants will recover on their own. Just water them as needed and set them in a shady place for now. You can just leave them there until you get them planted. Once planted you can prune off the damaged stems and leaves. I'd leave the palm fronds alone until they turn completely yellow. At that time you can prune them off. Best wishes with your new plants!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"