different types of tomatoes - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Mimi Lilly
Port Saint Lucie, Fl
Question by luxio
Hello! I have three different types of tomatoes in one garden bed. 6 Better Bush tomatoes(Hybrid), 9 Marjion Tomatoes (Herioom), 1 Husky cherry Red Tomato plant. All of them are starting to bloom now,and I'm scared of the possibilate that they can cross-pollinate. What should I do? What could happen If they cross-pollinate? Thank you!

0

The fruit will be just fine this year - each plant will produce the types of tomatoes you expect. The cross pollination will only be evident if you save the seeds from your tomatoes and plant the seeds next year in your garden. The resulting plants will be different than the ones you originally grew. As long as you purchase fresh seeds each year, cross pollination won't be a problem. Hope this clarifies things for you!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"