Fruit tress dying - Knowledgebase Question

Arcadia, Ca
Question by kalkament
I have 3 fruit trees 1-Pluit and 2 Plum trees they are about 30 to 40 feet apart. However at the moment all of them are not producing any leaves or flowers, all I see are the branches. These trees are 8 to 10 yrs old. Last yr they gave very minimal fruits may be 8 to 10 max some didn't even gave me any fruits. My gardener was telling me that some bugs may be eating up the roots, is this correct?

I suppose bugs might be eating the roots but you'll have to dig around in the ground to be sure. Fruit trees can die from lack of sufficient water or overly saturated soils; they can also develop disease problems which can eventually kill the trees. I can't diagnose the problem without being able to inspect the trees. Wish I could offer something more encouraging.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"