Gardening in pots - Knowledgebase Question

McKinney, Te
Question by billhise
I am trying to garden in pots this year. I have 7 18 inch pots and 7 22 inch pots. All are filled with either Scotts Select or Miricle-Gro Moisture Control Potting soil. I have tomatoes, beans peans, squash, cucumber, okra and watermelons. How do I know how much to water these pots?

0

Sounds like you're going to have a terrific garden! Plants in containers can dry out quickly so check yours on a daily basis and water when the top inch of soil is dry. You can stick your finger down into the soil - if it feels moist you won't have to water right away; if it feels dry one inch beneath the surface, it's time to water. When you do water, apply enough at one time that it flows out of the drainage holes. This will ensure all of the potting soil gets adequate moisture. Hope this information helps.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"