Concrete planters - Knowledgebase Question

La Crosse, Wi
Question by marticlark
I have 7- 4 foot high and about 3 feet diameter concrete planters in full sun. I need suggestions for annuals for them. I had thought a geranium in the center with million bells and trailing verbena around. I'm trying to stick to just 3 colors per planter. Other suggestions??

How about Cockscomb (Celosia argenta) and Artemisia? The gray foliage of Artemsia will show off the red flowers and red foliage of Cockscomb. Or Vinca
(Catharanthus roseus) which comes in red, white and purple flowering cultivars. Mix all three colors in a single planter. Marigolds, Calendula and Zinnias make another interesting combination. Just choose the plants you like most and mix with abandon. I'm sure you'll come up with some winning combinations. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"