Bumpy Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Milwaukee, Wi
Question by debradharbou
My lawn is bumpy, uneven and thin and my tulips don't thrive because of squirrels, a chipmunk and a rabbit. Could they be the lawn culprits as well?I've tried weed control, fertilizers, reseeding and physically removing dandelions; all to no avail. There is also a very large tree in my front yard near the street. Please help I want a lawn that I can be proud of for a change!

0

Your lumpy lawn may be a result of underground roots from the tree. If so, you can level the lawn out by spreading topsoil directly over the grass. If you spread less than an inch of topsoil the grass will grow through it. Once it does you can spread an additional layer of topsoil if necessary to level it out even more. Once the turf area is level you can overseed to help thicken up your lawn. Hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"