Growing Cilantro - Knowledgebase Question

Buffalo, Ne
Question by happygardene
Whenever I plant cilantro it gets leggy and it does not have the same look as the parsley plant or even the basil. Is there a way I can keep it from doing that and seeding so early? I would like to keep it for a while before it goes to seed like the rest of the herbs in the garden.

0

Cilantro is one of those annual herbs that keeps growing as long as you keep cutting it back. If it's allowed to flower and go to seed, the plant will die. To complicate matters, Cilantro will bolt if the weather is too warm. It's best to sow seeds at two week intervals and keep the leaves cut back, (or regularly picked off the plant), to prolong the life of your cilantro plants.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"