Ponytail palm - Knowledgebase Question

ridgefield, Co
Question by juliannemagg
The above house plant leaves are turning yellow and brown at the tips. I am following watering directions once/week. What can I do?

0

Water stress can show up on the leaves of your plant. Too much or too little water or overfertilization can cause yellowing leaves or brown tips on the leaves. Dry indoor air can also cause brown tips on the leaves. You might try immersing the container in a larger container of water to drive out any air pockets around the roots and to flush out accumulated salts (from either water or fertilizer). The set your plant on a gravel filled tray in which you keep a half inch of water. As the water evaporates it will increas moisture around the plant. Best wishes with your ponytail palm!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Tithonia diversifolia"