Peony's - Knowledgebase Question

Apex, No
Question by Phatdaddy265
I just bought 3 Peony's last week and I have been watering them reguarly. This is my first time buying these plants. Since it is starting to get hot in NC, is their anything else I need to do? Do you recommend to water in the morning or evening?

0

Water your new peonies in the mornings and be sure to water them deeply and slowly so the water has a chance to trickle down to the roots of your plants. You should only have to water once every 3-4 days in hot weather. If you water too frequently the roots can develop rot. Check the soil's moisture level 3 days after watering by sticking your finger down into the soil. If it's still moist an inch below the surface you wont' need to water for another day or two; if the soil is dry, it's time to water. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by krobra and is called "Lantana Dew Drops"