Snail control - Knowledgebase Question

Marblehead, Ma
Question by jodymagee
Hello:
I had massive snail damage last year. I have purchased the snail pellets to control them, but need to know, please, when to put them down. They were expensive, and I don't want to waste them, but rather use them when I will get the best results. When do the snails come out of hibernation or hatch & begin to do their destruction. Thank you very much, Jody Magee

0

Slugs and snails start moving around when the temperatures are about 45F degrees. I use a product called Sluggo which isn't terribly expensive and does an excellent job of controlling the pests. Any bait that is not consumed by the snails breaks down into simple iron which is absorbed by the earth. Best wishes with your garden!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Spinystar (Escobaria vivipara)"