When to plant Shrubs? - Knowledgebase Question

Lyman, Wy
Question by cntm
I just bought a couple of Purpleleaf Sand Cherry Shrubs and a couple of Dwarf Burning Bushes. I live in the southwestern part of Wyoming, and I was just wondering when is a good time to plant them with out them freezing or dying?

Looks like you can get frost and even snow right up until the first of June so I'd watch the extended weather forecast - when it looks like spring has arrived you can safely plant your new plants. Until then, keep your plants outdoors except during freezing weather. If an overnight frost is predicted put your new plants in a garage or outbuilding/shed during the nighttime hours and take them back outdoors in the morning. Wish I could be more specific but your weather seems really unpredictable!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Dan Bachman 2006 seedlings"