Dandelions in my lawn - Knowledgebase Question

North Wales, Pe
Question by mcleary0
Can you suggest the best way to attack the dandelions i have in my yard. I live on a 1/3 of an acre and I have tons of dandelioins in front of my house. i dont think a spot treat would work because I have so many. If there is something that is a little more safe for my 3 year old, that would be good too. Is granular or liquid more safe?

0

Since dandelions are broadleaf weeds, an herbicide containing 2,4-D will kill them off. You'll have many sprouting up again for a while because the flowers turn into seed heads and the seeds will sprout and develop into new plants. Spraying with 2,4-D will kill the existing weeds. If you keep the weeds mowed down before they develop flowers and seedheads between 2,4-D treatments, you'll eventually eradicate the pesky weeds.

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Aloe with six-legged friends"