what to feed - Knowledgebase Question

terrell, Te
Question by sandrajohns9
what do I feed my arborvitae (green giant)- i planted them last year, they have not grown at all. I also have one that looks like a Christmas tree, I planted it at least 4 years ago, and it has not grown any at all either. What can I do?

0

You can feed your evergreens with a fertilizer formulated for conifers - usually an 8-8-8 - in amounts as recommended on the package which varies with the size and age of the arborvitaes. Usually arborvitaes are fast growing but they sometimes will take a year to establish before you see much growth. Your shrubs will need a deep soaking once each week from spring through fall to encourage growth. This is especially important after you fertilize them. Try a little extra attention to the watering and I think you'll see new growth. Hope it's soon!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Crocosmia 'Lucifer'"